top of page


If you're a working parent with children under 12 (or under 17 for disabled children ), you can open an online account to pay for registered childcare. The government will top-up the money you pay into the account. For every £8 you pay in, the government will add an extra £2. You can receive up to £2,000 per child per year - that's up to £500 every month. If you have a disabled child, you can receive up to £4,000 per child - that's up to £1,000 every three months.  


You, and any partner, must each expect to earn ( on average ) at least £131 per week ( equal to 16 hours at the National Minimum or Living Wage ). 


If you, or your partner, are on maternity, paternity or adoption leave, or you're unable to work because you are disabled or have caring responsibilities, you could still be eligible.


You cant't get Tax-Free Childcare if either you, or your partner, each individually expect to earn £100,000 or more.


You can use Tax-Free Childcare at the same time as:


  • 15 Hours Free Childcare

  • 30 Hours Free Childcare


You can't use it with:


  • Universal Credit 

  • Tax Credits

  • Childcare Vouchers ( closed to new entrants ) 

bottom of page